Winter Ventilation System Designed For The Tie Stall Cow Housing Barns
Functions of ventilation system:
- provides intake of clear and fresh air from outside;
- removes carbonic acid, ammonia and hydrogen sulphide which are harmful to cattle;
- removes moisture and dust;
- provides necessary air renewal in a barn.
Purpose of use:
- increase in cow productivity due to the better appetite and greater amount of fodder consumption;
- decrease in number of lungs diseases among cows due to microclimate optimization;
- better semination of cows due to decrease of ammonia concentration in the air of the barn;
- decrease in costs of current maintenance of the barn internal constructions due to decrease of water steams concentration in the air indoors;
- decrease in costs of cleaning and increase of manufacturing equipment life time due to the less content of dust, foul gases and water steams in the air indoors;
- better conditions of work and less amount of diseases among the farm staff.
Equipment for ventilation system:
- plenum ventilation system, consisted of 2 lines of wall heat-insulating valves with protective outward plastic covers, system of automatic opening of valves, fastening and assembling elements;
- system of exhaust ventilation, consisted of air-exhausters with shafts, sheds and valves, shaft roof plates (slates or profile plates), fastening and assembling elements;
- system of microclimate control, consisted of control unit with supplies, temperature sensors and alarm signaling with siren and control unit.